Centre for Contemporary China Studies
Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and Institute for the State and the Law meeting
April 18, 2019
There is a Centre for Contemporary China Studies created at the Institute for the State and the Law at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. It was established following the signed on 24 of April 2015 Agreement on Scientific Cooperation between the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. Scientists from the Institute for the State and the Law had projects in the past with and also specialized in China.
The Institute for the State and the Law at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences is the solely scientific body to conduct fundamental and applied research in the field of the law. It supports the state in its law-making capacity, in the law enforcement, in the function of the courts and administrative bodies by providing of expert opinions.
The Institute for the State and the Law offers the following major strands of cooperation with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences:
- - Joint scientific projects in areas of common interest;
- - PhD training, post-graduate studies or individual specializations in EU legislation provided by scientists of the Institute for the State and the Law to Chinese citizens;
- - PhD training. The Institute for the State and the Law is accredited in 8 scientific areas: Constitutional Law, Administrative Law and Administrative Process; Sociology of Law, Legal Information Technology, Civil and Family Law, Commercial/Trade Law, International Law are International Relations, International Public Law and Criminal Procedure.
- - The Institute can admit also Chinese researchers for post-doctoral studies.
- - The institute can provide expertise in the area of the Commercial/Trade Law, in particular with respect to company registration, consultancy with regards to investment projects, incl. in areas relating to EU legislation, providing of expertise in the area of Tax-, Financial- and Property Law, property acquisition in Bulgaria, residence rights of 3rd country citizens, all questions related to investments and resolution of investment disputes.
- - The Institute possesses expertise in the area of EU legislation and can consult and provide opinions related to investment projects which belong to EU subject matter.
The Institute for the State and the Law cooperates with Institutes from EU member states and can work in a network of partner organizations both in EU as also in the Western Balkan countries.
The Institute for the State and the Law has its own publishing activity and has capacity to publish joint scientific works and elaborations with Chinese scientists.